needrestart checks which daemons need to be restarted after library upgrades. It is inspired by checkrestart from the debian-goodies package.
needrestart supports but does not require systemd. If systemd is not available or does not return a service name needrestart uses hooks to identify the corresponding System V init script. The shipped hooks support the following package managers:
The service command is used to run the tradiditional System V init script.
Changes in 1.0
- Fix grammar errors and use a additional debconf template. (Debian Bug#748652 by Justin B Rye <email@example.com>)
- Ignore device ID in
/proc/<pid>/mapson kFreeBSD. (Reported by Axel Beckert <firstname.lastname@example.org>).
- Ignore device ID for unnamed devices due to broken implementation on btrfs. (Debian Bug#750734 by Frederik Himpe <email@example.com>)
- Skip scanning of needrestart process. (Debian Bug#751877 by Thijs Kinkhorst <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
- [UI] Drop UI specific progress indicators, use Term::ProgressBar::Simple to minimize disruption of the terminal. (Debian Bug#748758 by Thijs Kinkhorst <email@example.com>)
- [UI] Support ‘backup’ capability of Debconf.
- [Interp] Fix include path retrieval on python3. (Debian Bug#750589 by Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
- [Interp] Handle errors on python include path retrieval gracefully. (Debian Bug#750589 by Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn <email@example.com>)