needrestart checks which daemons need to be restarted after library upgrades. It is inspired by checkrestart from the debian-goodies package. It does not rely on lsof as checkrestart does.
Supported package manager backends (for init script retrieval):
Changes in 0.3:
- Fix typo reported by Patrick Matthäi.
- Add man page provided by Patrick Matthäi (Debian).
- Offer restart on non-existing mappings.
- Add PacMan hook.
- Be more fault-tolerant in batch mode.
- Provide a more sophisticated apt/dpkg trigger.
- Fix ignored -r command line parameter. (Debian Bug#721809 by Axel Beckert email@example.com)
- Ignore forked/detached daemon childs (pidfile heuristic). (Debian Bug#721810 by Axel Beckert firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Provide modular UI including debconf and dialog based frontends.
- Ignore binaries due blacklist config option.