needrestart checks which daemons need to be restarted after library upgrades. It is inspired by checkrestart from the debian-goodies package. It does not rely on lsof as checkrestart does.
Supported package manager backends (for init script retrieval):
Changes in 0.4:
- Fix spelling:
- Fix progress bar increase to grow up to 100%:
- binaries were counted twice
- kernel threads did not increase progress
- Demand restart of deleted binaries.
- Add sudo binary to example blacklist. (Debian Bug#725937 by Jim Barber email@example.com)
- Drop version number from man page. (Debian Bug#729997 by Raf Czlonka firstname.lastname@example.org)
- NeedRestart::UI::Debconf: Fix return code handling if readline is used as debconf frontend. (Debian Bug#729997 by Raf Czlonka email@example.com)