needrestart checks which daemons need to be restarted after library upgrades. It is inspired by checkrestart from the debian-goodies package.
needrestart supports but does not require systemd. If systemd is not available or does not return a service name needrestart uses hooks to identify the corresponding System V init script. The shipped hooks support the following package managers:
The service command is used to run the tradiditional System V init script.
Changes in 0.8
- Fix non-numeric argument on progress_prep call. (Debian Bug#744961 by Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
- Feature: interpreter support enables needrestart to look for obsolete source files in scripting languages:
- Perl: using Module::ScanDeps
- Python: using home made source file scanning
- Ruby: using home made source file scanning
- Feature: detect running on obsolete kernels (Debian Bug#745270 by Paul Wise <email@example.com>)
NeedRestart::UI::Dialog: has been dropped
NeedRestart::UI::stdio: add mass processing
- Several small bugfixes.