needrestart checks which daemons need to be restarted after library upgrades. It is inspired by checkrestart from the debian-goodies package.
needrestart supports but does not require systemd (available since v0.6). If systemd is not available or does not return a service name needrestart uses hooks to identify the corresponding System V init script. The shipped hooks support the following package managers:
The service command is used to run the tradiditional System V init script.
Changes in 0.6
- Add lightdm to blacklist. (Debian Bug#735027 by Michael Gilbert <email@example.com>)
- Print eval exception message on config file errors.
- Use systemd if available. (Debian Bug#731028 by Paul Wise <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
- Use service to run traditional SysV scripts.
- Change batch processing output.
- Print full restart commands in list mode. (Debian Bug#731028 by Paul Wise <email@example.com>)